Sunday, March 16, 2008

Thoughts on Coding

I've been programming for close to 14 years now. I started programming in x86 assembly, then moved to Turbo Pascal, then Turbo C++, Visual C++, PHP and finally C#. It started out as a hobby and finally it turned into work.

I still program for fun, although not nearly as much as I used to. I'm very busy at work, so when I get home I'd rather play some video-game, watch a movie or spend some time with friends.
I do read a lot about programming or programming-related stuff though. I read a whole host of different weblogs and try to keep up on the latest advancements and technologies.

So, why the weblog? Well, there have been countless times where I ran into a problem, or didn't know how to fix a particular problem and finally found the answer on some persons weblog. These things have been of tremendous value to me. Since I also figure things out on my own on an almost daily basis and since I think a lot about design stuff and a lot of other things programmers have to deal with, I thought: "why not put these on a weblog?" I mean, maybe someone out there has the same problem and maybe I can help him out by explaining my solution. And maybe I have a really crazy idea and I would like some feedback on it by other programmers. A weblog is a dialogue after all.

So, if anyone has questions, or remarks about anything I post here. Leave them in the comments and we can discuss them. I'm looking forward to it.

No comments: